As we kick off 2024, most of us are considering ways we can improve or add joy to our lives. Whatever your New Year’s resolution, amidst the daily hustle and bustle of life, we could all welcome a bit more ‘wild’ into our day-to-day.
This winter, you can find your wild in Sandoval County with these Wild Ways to Love Winter:
- Get back to nature and soak up relaxation at Jemez Hot Springs. The healing natural waters, accompanied by breathtaking scenery, offers a rejuvenating start to the year ahead.
- Explore one of the only super-volcanoes in the world at Valles Caldera National Preserve. Whether you’re planning an afternoon outing or a full day of adventures, gear up for beautiful New Mexico landscapes, wildlife viewing, hiking, biking, and much more. Adventure awaits at Valles Caldera, and plan to stick around after dark to experience the night skies at the preserve, which is a newly designated International Dark Sky Park.
- Embark on an ice fishing adventure at Fenton Lake. Spend a day on the lake, taking in the serenity of nature, and try your hand at ice fishing.
- Brave the elements for a winter camping adventure. Be sure to bundle up and prepare for a memorable time spent in the great outdoors.
- Saddle up and experience stunning New Mexico landscapes while horseback. Book your adventure with Applewood Equestrian, Red Horse-Riding Company or The Stables at Tamaya.
- Enjoy winter weather while snowshoeing, snow tubing or hiking. Check out a list of incredible winter destinations here.
- Take an afternoon for fat tire biking on one of the many area trails. With options for all skill levels, you’re sure to find the perfect trail for any occasion.
Wherever your travels take you in 2024, we wish you a wild 2024!